There are many different steps to starting a wholesale sunglasses booth. To help make this process easier, Olympic Eyewear features helpful tips in a systematic format.
- Select a Wholesale Sunglasses Supplier – With many wholesale sunglasses suppliers on the market, it's important to select a reputable, reliable wholesaler that offers excellent quality bulk sunglasses and affordable pricing. Olympic Eyewear offers thousands of modern sunglasses styles and brands. Their website is divided into easy to browse and shop sections, including brands, styles, accessories, new arrivals, bestsellers, on sale and back in stock sunglasses. This makes it easy for wholesale sunglasses booths to select items that are in fashion and appealing to the general public.
- Documentation – It is necessary that as a business a wholesale sunglasses booth obtain the proper required documents. Each state varies, but generally a business license, resale permit and tax collection is required. The United States Small Business Administration offers an informative website with additional federal and state information.
- Ideas for Booths – It is important to get permission to set up booths or displays at establishments. Excellent areas to start include flea markets, swap meets, carnivals, festivals, fairs, concerts, sporting events, boat shows, mall kiosks, tanning salons, hair salons, boutique stores, tattoo parlors, beach stores, gift shops, specialty retailers and convenience stores.
- Mall Space – If renting a mall space, each mall's prices vary by location. For example, Kiosks provide a full 360-degree advertising experience, which can help increase brand awareness, draw attention to new products, offer direct customer interaction, and generally are available in 10' by 10' or 10' by 12' spaces. In major malls around the U.S., costs for kiosks vary from $2,000 to $10,000, which has turned them into a multi-billion dollar industry.
- Displays – It is important to have professional displays for wholesale sunglasses, as this makes kiosks and other displays look specialized. Olympic Eyewear concentrates on selling a wide selection of displays, including floor and countertop models.
- Leasing and Financing – Some kiosk companies offer leasing and financing options through third-party leasing companies. Generally, the terms require businesses to repay loans within five years, with no down payment expenses.
- Costs – The costs involved in leasing the space in a mall or specific location vary and more high profile areas may cost more money. Many malls also require that kiosks pay them a percentage of profits, in addition to other fees.
- Profits – Olympic Eyewear offers whole sale sunglasses that retail for $10 to $15 per pair, with ski goggles going for upwards of $20 to $50 per pair. If selling sunglasses overseas, prices are generally higher.
Operating a mall kiosk requires dedication, hard work and the willingness to always please customers, making sure they return and provide positive recommendations to friends and family.