Tips for Choosing the Right Bulk Sunglasses

Oct 11, 2015 Olympic Eyewear

Share

While people cannot see UV light, we know from scientific studies it is present all around us. Scientists and doctors have confirmed that UV radiation is the leading cause of eye damage, which includes cancer, cataracts, snow blindness and photokeratitis, which causes eye sunburns.

There are many ways that UV radiation can reach our eyes. This includes the sun bounding off windows of cars and passing buildings, snow, clouds and water. There are two main types of UV rays and not all of the sun’s light affects our eye the same way. Nearly 95% of the UV radiation that reaches the earth’s surface is UVA rays, while the other 5% is UVB radiation. Nature made our eyes to shield the retinas from most UV radiation. UVB rays are completely absorbed by the eye’s corneas. UVA rays pass through the cornea, but are filtered by the eye’s lens. Approximately 1% of the UV radiation actually reaches the retina.

Good UVA and UVB protection can also prevent the formation of cataracts. UV rays are most prominent during 11AM to 4PM, but it is nearly impossible to avoid the sun during these hours.

When shopping for bulk sunglasses consider these four important tips.

  1. UVA and UVB Numbers – Look for sunglass labels that block out 99% to 100% of UV radiation. They should also state that they block out both UVA and UVB rays.
  2. Fit – Poorly fitted whole sale sunglasses may not provide the necessary protection to protect eyes. Sunglasses that are too large or small may let too much light in. This is why most athletes wear wraparound sunglasses.
  3. Selecting Lenses – Polarized lenses help to deflect glare, but generally offer little in terms of UV protection. Polycarbonate plastic lenses are tough and provide the necessary UV protection to help protect eyes. Photochromic lenses are also an excellent option.
  4. Functionality – Try prescription sunglasses, tinting for prescription sunglasses or clip-on lenses with UV protection. These are all safe alternative for prescription eyeglass wearers.

Children require more sun protection than adults do. Children’s eyes let in more UV rays, which means they are more susceptible to developing higher risk of sun damage. Wholesale designer sunglasses companies can work with parents and retail stores to provide children’s lines at cheap wholesale sunglasses rates. This is an excellent solution since children grow fast, but still require the necessary UV protection to avoid eye damage later in life.

Children also require eye protection all year long, even if it is snowing or they are at the beach. The color of sunglasses in bulk will not make a difference and it is important to remember that children do not necessary require designer sunglasses.

 

References:

 

Previous Post Next Post