While many people think sunglasses are the ideal summertime accessories, there are several reasons to wear sunglasses year-round – well into the winter months. These reasons are backed by scientific evidence, as in the wintertime, sun glare actually exposes human eyes to two times the standard UV exposure, which can easily result in snow blindness. Additional benefits of wearing sunglasses year-round include:
- Glare – Sunglasses greatly reduce glare, especially on surfaces coated with ice, water, snow or bright reflections that can lead to vision impairment. Reflective glares are particularly dangerous while skiing, driving or snowmobiling, as they impact vision. High quality sunglasses that offer UV protection help to reduce glare and reflections.
- UV Rays – Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is synonymous with cataract development and age-related macular eye degeneration. While everyone may develop cataracts over their lifetime, the development of cataracts is greatly impacted by sun exposure, which seems to accelerate their development. Many popular sunglasses block all UVA, UVB and UVC rays, providing the ultimate protection for eye health. By protecting the eyes, this also helps preserve the delicate tissue around the eyes, which is often the first source of wrinkles, also known as crow's feet.
- Element Protection – Protecting the eyes from dust, wind and harmful debris, sunglasses help moisture evaporate, which ultimate keeps eyes more comfortable. Sunglasses also offer a layer of much-needed protection for contact wearers, helping to prevent excessive dry eye symptoms and helping guard against windblown particles that could ultimately cause corneal abrasions.
- Reduces Eyestrain and Headaches – In overly bright conditions, the pupils are not able to constrict, allowing excessive amounts of light to enter the eyes. This causes squinting. Constant squinting can lead to eye fatigue, ultimately resulting in eyestrain and headaches.
- Improve Vision – Last, but not least, sunglasses actually help improve vision, promoting better long-term eye health. While too little light is also not healthy, excessive glare is actually thought to reduce visual acuity, essentially bleaching the retinas. High-end sunglasses brands offer superior protection against nature's elements.
Olympic Eyewear offers a wide array of designer wholesale sunglasses at deeply discounted prices. These wholesale sunglasses are purchased by the dozen, which allows retailers to focus on offering a wide selection of sunglasses to costumers. Today's styles not only fuse the latest fashions with healthy eye protection technology, but they are embraced by nearly all age groups – ranging from youngsters, tweens, teens, adolescents and adults to seniors.