Winter is just around the corner, and with it will come skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling! These are some of the most popular sports of the winter season. When the time comes for your family to pack up and upload the car on your way to your favorite ski resort destination, don't forget everyone's goggles!
Ski goggles are an essential part of the winter sports outfit. There are excellent benefits associated with ski goggles:
- The strongest reason for wearing ski goggles when you hit the snowy slopes is that they offer your eyes protection against UV light. Less sun during the winter season does not mean less UV exposure. The eyes, in fact, need protection from UV rays all year round.
- Ski goggles protect your eyes from biting, frosty winds that will get into your eyes making them water, and making it difficult to see ahead of you. The goggles act as a kind of barrier and additionally stop ice and snow from flying into your eyes.
- The goggles can also protect your eyes from overhanging limbs or branches on your ski trail.
- Goggles also help reduce glare, which occurs when light from the winter sun hits the snow. The snow acts as an optimal reflector, bouncing the light off with great intensity and straining your eyes, or causing snow blindness.
- Wearing ski goggles can maximize visibility and clarity while you are snowmobiling or skiing. Many of them come in tinted lens from brown and grey to gold and purple.
Olympic Eyewear's collection of ski goggles comes with many features such as Dual AntiFog, multi-layer straps, face foam, a fleece layer, and Original Revo Lenses. The goggles also have wrap-around protection to keep snow debris, wind, and cold from getting into the sides of the goggles.
Olympic Eyewear's ski goggles come in an assortment of colors in sets of 10 or a dozen. Other eyewear at Olympic Eyewear includes brands like DG Sunglasses, X-Loop Sunglasses, and Biohazard Sunglasses.