Sunglasses seem to come in endless design possibilities, but there are certain qualities that are relatively consistent, such as the materials used to make frames. Typically, the choices are plastic, metal (or a composite of both to make for an appealing and intriguing option; there are some sunglasses that even feature wood). Everyone has their preferences and for very different reasons. There really is no right or wrong way to go, but it may make a difference if you are ordering bulk sunglasses from Olympic Eyewear and you want to have the right variety for your customers. Let's have a look at some of the common traits associated with plastic and metal frames.
(cellulose acetate, nylon, polycarbonate, etc.)
- Thickness – excellent for making designs with thick frames
- Colors – just about any color imaginable is possible
- Mold – plastic can be easily molded into any shape
- Design – excellent for dramatic and bold designs
- Sensitivity – it's an alternative option for those allergic to certain metals
- Texture – can create a wide range of textures
- Comfort – can be easily adjusted with heat depending on type of plastic and also less bothersome without nose pads
- Durability – can be made highly durable and impact resistant
- Activity – highly suited to high level of activity
People looking for fun, bold, youthful designs or active eyewear may be more attracted to plastic frames.
(monel, titanium, beryllium, stainless steel, nickel, bronze, aluminum, etc.)
- Design – extremely clean, refined, elegant, and classy
- Technology – better suited to technological improvements (such as folding or attach-on shades)
- Flexibility – can achieve a certain degree of flexibility in actual frame material
- Finish – can receive a variety of attractive metallic polishes such as satin or matte
- Color – can receive metallic plating or color such as silver or gold
- Sensitivity – hypoallergenic options exist such as stainless steel or titanium
- Comfort – may fit longer or hold an adjustment longer
- Durability – material is naturally durable
Those attracted to metal frames may be the ones looking for something timeless, sophisticated, classy, or refined.
Olympic Eyewear has all your needs for designer wholesale sunglasses, carrying high quality discount brands like DG Sunglasses or VG Sunglasses with tons of stylistic options.