Best Sports Sunglasses
Today's sports sunglasses are extremely versatile, offering athletes high performance eyewear protection. The medical community advises that sunglasses are a necessary part of outdoor sports, helping protect eyes from cancer causing sunrays and macular degeneration.
To help athletes determine the appropriate style of sporting sunglasses, Olympic Eyewear has compiled helpful shopping tips, which include:
- Frame Material – Inexpensive and super lightweight, nylon is known for being impact-resistant. Nylon is recommended for athletes over metal or other hard types of plastic sunglasses.
- Lens Material – Polycarbonate lenses are the most common optical material used in sunglasses, as they are impact-resistant and lightweight. Glass offers better clarity, but is heavy and doesn't offer the convenience of being impact-resistant. NXT polyurethane is considered the toughest lens material, but the downside is that it's extremely expensive.
- Sweat-Proof – It's important that sporting sunglasses not compromise performance. When shopping for sport sunglasses, look for models that offer textured temple and nose pads, which help sunglasses stay in place during rigorous activities. The latest models include hydrophilic options that actually soak up liquids and grip athletes' faces even more in humid conditions.
- Lens Color – Lens tint has a direct impact on how eyes see and transmit color. Athletes may prefer green, gray or brown lenses, which help eliminate bright glares. Red tints are preferable for low-light conditions, such as snow sports or biking. Yellow offers advanced depth perception, which is excellent for flat-light or cloudy conditions. While yellow is best for low light, it offers the least amount of sun protection.
- Attributes – Today's modern lenses offer necessary protection against harmful UV rays. Polarized lenses help to reduce glare, especially on shiny surfaces, such as water. Photochromic lenses darken and lighten based on the sun's intensity. Hydrophobic coatings are great for sloughing off water, which is especially helpful for water sports or in rainy areas.
Olympic Eyewear offers an excellent selection of wholesale designer sunglasses. They offer X-Loop sunglasses, which are ideal for sporting events. X-Loop sunglasses feature a unique shape that includes rubber earpieces, which helps ensure that sunglasses stay in place, despite rigorous activities.
Featuring a solid price point, retailers can purchase bulk sunglasses directly from Olympic Eyewear, ensuring profitable rewards on this popular accessory.