Sunglasses give men a sense of style. The right sunglasses can lend a sense of mystique, attraction and ruggedness to any man's sense of style. However, the wrong pair of sunglasses can make a man appear nerdy and feminine. Selecting the right type of sunglasses for men can be tricky and is a delicate balance. Olympic Eyewear specializes in carrying a wide range of men's sunglasses, including Biohazard sunglasses, Locs sunglasses and X-Loop sunglasses, to name a few.
When selecting men's sunglasses, consider the following:
- Large, big lenses help balance out men's facial structures when compared to narrow, feminine sunglasses.
- Long temple arms keep sunglasses at the perfect distance from facial features.
- Determining facial shape can also help select which types of sunglasses can highlight facial features and tone down less desirable features.
- Defined, sharp styles help add "pop" to muted, soft features. Adding angles and lines can actually bring definition to non-angular faces.
- Frame size should compliment the height and width of one's face. Wearing shorter, wide shapes makes facial features appear longer and slimmer. Frames with added height can help balance a high forehead or long face.
- Lifestyle is a big factor when determining sunglasses types. For outdoor enthusiasts, sport-wrap sunglasses are ideal for activities that address more athletic pursuits.
- Glare reduction with polarized lenses is especially important. Men tend to be harder on sunglasses, so opting for Trivex or Polycarbonate lenses offer better protection against shattering. One-hundred-percent UV protection is also highly recommended, reducing the damaging sunrays that cause permanent damage. UVA and UVB protection is especially important if sunglasses are worn for outdoor activities.
- Celebrity impact is also important. For example, John Lennon's iconic teashade-style frames forever defined his celebrity look and James Dean's Wayfarer styles became iconic with cool, 1950's style. Gradient lenses have gained in popularity since Jamie Foxx and round, metal frames have been popular thanks to the efforts of Usher's distinct style.
- Lens color is also an important consideration. Black and gray lenses don't alter perception, but blue and red may affect the vividness of colors. Green shades are neutral and do not distort color shades.
- Features are also something to take into consideration, such as scratch-resistant coatings, lightweight sunglasses, shatterproof lenses, bendable glasses and eye protection.
Olympic Eyewear strives to provide the latest information about sunglasses trends for both men and women.