With so many different sunglasses shapes and styles on today's market, how do people know which style best accentuates their facial features and skin tone? Olympic Eyewear comes to the rescue with this helpful guide.
- Facial Shape – The key to finding the right pair of sunglasses is choosing a shape that balances facial features. For example, choosing the opposite shape is best to help counterbalance features. If someone has a round facial shape, he/she may want to consider sporting rectangular glasses. There are seven different facial shapes:
- Round – Square and rectangular frames that are thick look especially good with round face shapes.
- Oval – The most versatile face shape, most frames look complimentary but square and wrap-around styles look best.
- Oblong – This face shape looks best with frames that are as wide or wider when measured against the broadest part of the face.
- Triangle – Cat eye sunglasses, colorful frames and frames that feature straight top lines look fabulous with this face shape.
- Diamond – Rimless frames, oval frames or frames that feature distinctive brow-lines are best.
- Square – Round, cat-eyed and oval shapes are excellent, as well as opting for softer edge and thinner frames.
- Inverted Triangle – Light colors and light materials, as well as rimless frames look best.
- Skin Tone and Hair Color – These are especially important to take into consideration. A frame's color should compliment the hair color and skin tone.
- Cool Skin Tones – This is defined by having blue and pink undertones. Blue-black, white, blond and light brown hair colors are considered cool. Cool skin tones look excellent in black, plum, rosy brown, magenta, blue and dark tortoise shades.
- Warm Skin Tones – These tones appear yellow. Warm tone hair colors include flat black, golden blonde, red, brown-gold and gray. Warm skin tones look striking in khaki, camel, gold, peach, copper, bright red and off white.
- Accentuating Features – Just because a certain style is the latest trend, doesn't mean it will compliment everyone's facial shape, hair color and skin tone. It's best to select sunglasses that achieve balance but also draw attention to one's best features. For example, if someone is petite, wearing oversized sunglasses will draw attention to this feature. This is one iconic, stylish guideline that Audrey Hepburn lived by – accentuating her tiny petite and waiflike figure with bold accessories. This look has been iconized by her defining role in "Breakfast at Tiffany's."
Olympic Eyewear sells a variety of sunglasses, including designer wholesale sunglasses, Chopper sunglasses, VG sunglasses, Wayfarer sunglasses, X-Loop sunglasses and Biohazard sunglasses, to name a few.