When purchasing a high-quality pair of sunglasses, consumers expect them to last several seasons. In order to extend the life of sunglasses, it's important that consumers regularly practice sunglasses' maintenance.
- Tighten Screws – Sunglasses have tiny screws that hold both the top and bottom portions of the frame to the lenses. These same screws are usually used to hold the nose pads into place. Over time, screws become loose, so it's important for consumers to regularly tighten these small screws. As these screws are miniature, they will require an eyeglass screwdriver, which is readily available at drugstores, grocery stores and even some hardware retailers. If screws don't want to tighten completely, remove the screw, place a small amount of clear nail polish to the screw and reinsert the screw. The nail polish acts similar to glue, helping keep the screw securely in place.
- Removing Scratches – While not foolproof, there are several ways to remove scratches from sunglasses' lenses:
- Brass or Silver Polish – Dab a small amount on a cotton pad, rub it gently into the surface of the lens and remove excess polish with a lint free cloth. Continue repeating the process until the scratches have disappeared.
- Toothpaste – Use a non-abrasive, non-gel, non-whitening and non-minty toothpaste. Apply a small amount to a cotton ball. Using a circular motion, rub into the scratch for approximately 10 seconds. Rinse the lens with cool water, removing any excess toothpaste with a lint-free cloth. Repeat until the scratch is gone.
- Baking Soda – Mixing one part of water to two parts of baking soda, form a thick paste. Rub the paste into the scratch for approximately 10 seconds, using a clean cotton ball and a gentle, circular motion. Rinse the paste off in cool water and wipe with a lint-free cloth. Repeat until the scratch is removed.
- Vehicle Wax – Using a soft cloth, apply a small amount of wax in a gentle circular motion. Wipe away excess wax with a clean lint-free cloth.
- Lemon Pledge – Lightly spray lenses with Pledge, wiping into the lenses with a lint-free cloth. While this method is a temporary solution, the scratches for disappear for several days.
Olympic Eyewear offers wholesale sunglasses by the dozen. These high-quality, name brand sunglasses are available to retailers and include high-volume discounts. Name brands include DG sunglasses and VG sunglasses, to name a few.