It is important for retailers to choose the right designer wholesale sunglasses to meet the needs and desires of consumers. When consumers are happy with their purchases, they typically become return customers. Long-term customers also recommend friends, family and colleagues.
Sunglasses protect the eyes from harmful UV sunrays. They also help reduce eyestrain and offer a layer of protection from environmental hazards.
Often time’s people prefer to look for the aesthetically pleasing sunglasses that accentuate facial features, but there are important factors when shopping for sunglasses.
Generally, there are four different types of lenses.
- Acrylic – Typically, these are very inexpensive and suited for casual wear. They are less durable than other types of lenses and do create minor image distortions.
- Glass – Offering unparalleled clarity, glass is extremely scratch-resistant. They are extremely heavy and can break upon heavy impact.
- NXT Polyurethane – Known for exceptional impact-resistance and fantastic clarity, these types of lenses are extremely lightweight but also expensive.
- Polycarbonate – These lenses are also impact-resistance, offer exceptional clarity and are lightweight. However, they are not scratch-resistant and provide slightly less clarity than NXT polyurethane and glass lenses.
Lens colors not only are a fashion statement, but also greatly affect visibility, contrast and clarity.
- Amber/Gold/Yellow lenses are ideal for low-to-moderate light conditions, enhancing depth perception. They are the preferred lens colors for snow sports.
- Brown/Gray/Green lenses are neutral, which means they help reduce brightness without greatly distorting colors. These colors help reduce glare and eyestrain in moderately to exceptionally bright environmental conditions.
- Mirrored/Flash Coating – This reflective film helps reduce glare by reflecting light directly from the surface of the lens.
- Rose/Vermilion increases brightness, making them fantastic for low-light conditions and enabling them to improve background contrasts. These are perfect for driving, exploring heavily forested areas and for snow sports.
Lens coatings may contain several different layers. Anti-scratch coatings are popular, as are anti-glare which help reduce eyestrain and increase nighttime clarity. Hydrophobic coatings help repel water, ideal for snow sports. Anti-fog coatings are perfect for high-energy activities, such as snow sports, or humid climates.
There are three different types of frames to choose from, of which comfort is of the utmost importance.
- Acetate/Zyl – High-end plastic glasses are designed from this material. They are not flexible but allow for a variety of color options.
- Metal frames are easily adjustable; however, they are less durable and more expensive.
- Nylon frames are lightweight, durable and inexpensive. They are not typically adjustable unless they have an internal wire inside the frame.
Not only should the shape of the lens compliment facial shape, it should also be practical and comfortable. Wrap-around lenses are popular for sporting activities, helping improve aerodynamics, reduce dry eyes and provide protection against outdoor elements.
While all these options help narrow down the choices for the appropriate type of wholesale sunglasses that meet a person’s needs, fashion is always foremost in most people’s minds. Olympic Eyewear strives to combine fashion with functionality by providing glasses that meet both of these needs simultaneously.