Sure, sunglasses are cool. But there's much more to them than just fashion trends. Sunglasses can help you maintain eye health and ward off degenerative conditions. The following is a list of very compelling reasons to wear sunglasses.
- Cataracts – health officials believe that there may be a strong link between cataracts and UV exposure.
- Pterygium – an eye growth also believed to have possible correlation with UV exposure.
- Macular Degeneration – a type of macular damage that is possibly aggravated by UV exposure.
- Photokeratitis – a type of eye sunburn that, like sunburn on the skin, can be very painful but is only temporary. Photokeratitis can also create temporary blurred vision, sensitivity to light and the feeling of sand in the eye. Photokeratitis is also called snow blindness.
- Skin cancer on the eyelid – skin on the eyelid is extremely sensitive and more prone to cancer than many other areas; a substantial percentage of skin cancers happen on the eyelid
- Better performance – sunglasses can offer greater visibility and comfort in extremely sunny conditions which in turn may affect a person's ability to function in an activity or during sports.
- Keepin out blue-light – the sun's blue light rays, which are different from UV rays, may be connected to macular degeneration.
Check out Olympic Eyewear for our vast designer wholesale sunglasses collection. All of our sunglasses meet national and international UV standards and come in popular styles made by brands like DG Sunglasses and Biohazard Sunglasses.